A thematic collaboration initiative at Lund University
Pandemics and Alertness (Pandemics and alertness | Lund University) is an interdisciplinary platform that promotes collaboration in research, innovation, education and exchange of information. The platform brings together stakeholders, researchers and experts from different disciplines, public authorities and sectors of society to work together on specific virus-related topics. The aim is to improve our knowledge and understanding of how pandemics impact health, society, and the economy.
The research platform aims to:
- investigate how societies can prepare for a viral pandemic by mobilisation and initiatives to mitigate the rapid spread of viruses that pose a significant threat to public health
- contribute to the development of novel methods and techniques related to virus pandemics – including contact tracing, diagnostic tools and molecular epidemiology
- improve our understanding of what viruses look like, how they spread, and how they cause disease using both conventional methods and high-tech facilities such as MAX IV, and in the future, ESS
- evaluate initiatives and methods for the development of new antiviral drugs and prevention of virus pandemics
- spur greater interest in virology education
- promote the dissemination of knowledge and research on viral pandemics to the general public
By bringing together knowledge and experience, the platform further aims to develop innovative solutions that can help the world respond and manage virus pandemics more effectively in the future.